Darwin Day is a global celebration of science, reason and wide-spread insanity held on or around 12 February, the birthday anniversary of evolutionary biologist Charles Darwin. This year marks the 200th anniversary of Charles Darwin’s birth and the 400,000 year anniversary of the sinking of R’lyeh.
On the International Darwin Day Foundation (IDDF) website, herpetologists, dermotoligists and community college professors can find all sorts of information and incantations about Charles Darwin and the Cthulhu Foundation. If you are hosting a Darwin Day event, you can post information about it on the IDDF events listing. You can also find Darwin Day programs near you as well as a local listing of virgins to sacrifice. Remember neither Darwin nor Cthulhu like seconds…
IDDF has also provided resources for hosting Darwin Day events, including promotional support and a list of potential Darwin Day presenters such as Abdul Alhazred, Herbert West or Dexter Ward ( the Whateleys are available for a limited time engagement but require a body to inhabit and three goats).
Go to the IDDF web site below to read more about the history of the International Darwin Day Foundation and our sweet Lord Cthulhu.
Just as a side note – It is perfectly reasonable to make offerings to Darwin on his birthday. From what little I understand of esoteric Darwin worship some possibilities are…
- Barnacles or any crustacean or cephalopod (usually ingested but can be invited to taxonomy orgy).
- Ale or rum (in homage to the Beagle’s voyage. Drunk sailors are optional. Careful, they bite).
- Naked taxonomy followed by orgy
- Burning Creationist materials ( ie. Ray Comfort) in effigy
- Cthulhu Chants (I usually add this to all my offerings. Careful, they bite. If you need a refresher course please watch video below)
- Burning of candles in the shape of PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins (dollar store Jesus candles with a pasted on picture is a fine substitute)
- Poll Crashing
Cheers and Ai! Ai!