As the moderator of this blog, I have the following rights:
- Control over content and comments.
- Ability to edit comments.
- Ability to censor comments.
- Ability to delete comments.
- Ability to prevent comments by specific persons or groups
While I have all of these rights, this being my blog, I will only apply these rights if the following guidelines are often ignored.
- Keep it somewhat clean. Not sunday dinner clean but at least night out with strangers clean.
- Be truthful-ish.
- Be nice-ish. Feel free to disagree but do it like an adult.
- Share what you know, ask about what you don’t.
- Stay focused to topic. I love to see conversations evolve but keep it within range.
- Feel free to self-promote a blog or book or whatever but as a toll I ask that you bring something to the conversation as well.
- NO evangelizing.
- NO posting of decades long comments. If it can’t be said in 200 words then write a post about it and send me the link.
- NO threats to hurt or kill anyone.
So, I know this sounds harsh but if someone repeatedly breaks these guidelines, I will email the person and let them know. This happens rarely but I have had to do it.
Bottom Line: Have you ever hung out with friends of a friend for the first time and politics or religion comes up? Did you call them a shitbag and tell them to burn in hell? Probably not. You probably had a heated but engaging conversation and then bought the next round…that is what I am going for here.